13 Dec 2011

CHRISSSTMAS TIME, MISTLETOE AND...A GERMAN SAUSAGE

So another christmas is approaching (after being heavily reminded by the likes of marks and spencer since the middle of june, with their garish displays of tinsel and blow-up santa's). This for me means one thing, The Manchester German Christmas Market...wahay. Ok, maybe not so exciting when you realise that all of the cute wooden ornaments, 'traditional' German food and the infamous macaroons are all one big money scam, where people pay more for that 'chrismassy feeling' rather than the shitty gifts that they don't realise they are buying during that too-many-fairylights-in-the-eye moment. As it is my third year of going to the market I have become a very astute customers, only parting with my cash for a baileys hot chocolate and a sausage (to be fair I only go to the christmas market for the sausage anyway, a weird tradition I've adapted since my first year at Uni). This year was eventful as always and resulted in doing a sausage trade with my friend after we both decided we liked each others better. I ended up with a spicy one, definately got the better deal. Another highlight from the night was getting asked by a man behind the counter 'why I was taking photographs of salami'...in all honesty I couldn't answer this one but here are the photos to get you in the Christmas mood. 








SAUSAGE SHAPED SANTA ANYONE?



THE AWKWARD MOMENT WHEN YOU REALISE THAT YOUR FRIEND CAN'T USE AN SLR...


1 comment:

  1. Love your photos!!

    abeautifulmaybe.blogspot.com - follow me! xo

    ReplyDelete