8 Nov 2011

WELCOME TO MANCHESTER

Manchester (my current home) is one of those places that is bursting with hidden gems,  kooky cafes and gritty clubs. I myself love nothing better than dirtying my shoes on a night out. 

DAYTIME: THE LOST PLACES

So there are definitely a few places that can only be found when you bin the map. For daytime hangouts one of my definite fave places is OKLAHOMA...quite possibly the cutest, kookiest cafe you will ever visit. I recommend the London Fog drink, a blend of vanilla, early grey tea and steamed milk, one word...amazing.

  Oklahoma 

Forget the Arndale, take a trip around Northern Quarter. The place where the cool kids hang out. I never fail to be inspired by someones outfit everytime i visit NQ. There is definitely a punk-rock vibe kicking around still. My Favourite shops are RYANS VINTAGE, MAGMA and of course the ultimate hipster hangout AFFLECKS PALACE. I wouldn't dream of going anywhere else for shopping. 

NIGHTIMING

Being one of the biggest student cities in the UK, Manc has a fair few clubs. However I myself refuse to venture to the likes of the Printworks and Tiger Tiger (Typical Fresher Fests). Typically I would head towards the likes of:

PUBS
RAM AND SHACKLE a pre drink pub that also can be hit up for a quiet drink. This place has got it all..graffiti, live bands, table football and most importantly a nice sofa to crash out on.
TROF A great chill/chat place that offers food and drink. If you do go for a meal there, the trof burger is heaven.
THE CORNER This place kinda looks like you just intruded in someones house, but when they have a good band playing it literally is the perfect pub. A word of warning though, try to avoid the toilets at all costs. 

THE CORNER

CLUBS
DEAF INSTITUTE on a tuesday or wednesday this place is particularly great,(Wednesdays are free entry for those who are strapped for cash)
RED RUM ram and shackles sister club, most nights this place has some reggae/major lazor esque music
SOUTH thursdays thursdays thursdays, MURKAGE is the main night, a fresh mixture of garage and a bit of dub thrown in
THE VENUE indie/motown 

2 comments:

  1. this makes me want to go back to the UK soooo badly.
    I'll definitely be living vicariously through your postings!

    I love your blog and I'm so happy I came across it!
    Let's follow each other?
    xo
    toribodin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. judging by this post, manchester would be the perfect place for me. sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete